Konia, Charles; The Emotional Plague This very informative book examines the healthy and unhealthy ways that people try to get their needs met in social situations. It is chock-full of valuable information.
Dr. Charles Konia has more recently written Neither Left nor Right, which examines why political and social programs throughout history have been unable to improve mankind’s social condition. This book answers the following questions:
- What is the origin of human destructiveness?
- How can a handful of politicians wreak havoc on an entire nation?
- What makes people on the Left and the Right think differently?
- What must be done to reverse the decline in Western society?
The following classics are by Wilhelm Reich: (I put an asterisk by Character Analysis, because it treats directly with the therapeutic process.)
- The Bioelectical Investigation of Sexuality and Anxiety
- The Bion Experiments
- The Cancer Biopathy
- Character Analysis *
- Children of the Future
- Contact with Space
- Cosmic Superimposition
- Ether, God, and Devil
- The Function of the Orgasm
- The Invasion of Compulsory Sex-Morality
- Listen, Little Man
- The Mass Psychology of Fascism
- The Murder of Christ
- Passion of Youth
- People in Trouble
- The Sexual Revolution
These two are great books put together from Reich’s papers after his death:
- Reich, Wilhelm; American Odyssey
- Reich, Wilhelm; Beyond Psychology
Here are three other useful books:
- Baker, Elsworth; Man in the Trap (discusses armor and character)
- Neill, A.S.; Summerhill (discusses child-rearing and education)
- Sharaf, Myron; Fury on Earth (biography of Reich)